TOP LABELS

Aly, Zak, family, faith, musings, photos, scrap, travel, rants

Saturday, January 06, 2007

You know I'm serious

Just to show how serious I am about losing weight, I've now added an image at the top of my blog that tells you how I'm doing. No, it doesn't just show how many pounds I've lost -- it tells you exactly what I weigh. I just have to remember to weigh in and update my ticker. Hey, I'm 20% there! By the way, BMI stands for Body Mass Index. The categories for BMI are
Underweight = <18.5
Normal weight = 18.5-24.9
Overweight = 25-29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater
You can see I was right on the verge of obesity. My goal is at the high end of "normal".

I just drank my third glass of water today, a new record. I'm starting to check labels for calories and fiber (fiber! how can I get more fiber?!) and entering food into my log at SparkPeople before I eat it to be sure it is healthy. Mike brought home some Slim-Fast powder to make smoothies with -- easy breakfast and lunch for days at home. The trick will be those days in the office or downtown. Tracking everything I put in a 'make your own' salad is an awful lot of work. In fact, I picked up a chicken wrap on Thursday instead of making a salad for that very reason.

I've not felt hungry the past few days, but today it has been a problem. I'm pretty sure this is because I'm not focused on work (although I should be to catch up from all that time off) and I want to snack to have something to do. Eeek!

If you think you might need to lose a few pounds, jump on the Tonya Train. We can do it together. Something this hard is easier with a buddy and I will NOT give up -- I'm thinking 160 is a little too high. Maybe I can make 150 by Pam's wedding. Any takers?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Perri said...

Wow - how brave you are. Such determination. I'm proud of you. I'll be going along with you on this journey but you are NOT going to see one of those tickers at the top of my blog.

1/06/2007 11:49 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Drink that water! Walk those miles! Good luck!

1/07/2007 9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so brave...i didn't know you we bold enough to post your progress, but I know this - i am proud of you, and I believe in you. I know you will do this, and i will do what i can to help. Hey - we need to do the grocery list/menu stuff tomorrow...luv luv!!!

1/07/2007 11:30 PM  
Blogger ~Holly~ said...

Good Luck to you Tonya!!
I need to jump on the train!!

1/08/2007 10:25 AM  
Blogger Yvette Pupo-Heredia said...

Wow! I need to start....Good Luck!!

1/08/2007 7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home