TOP LABELS

Aly, Zak, family, faith, musings, photos, scrap, travel, rants

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Blog Updates

updated Nov 2008 A few things new in the sidebar, plus a new "Causes" section. And photos!!!
updated May 2008 Linked In -- like myspace for grownups.
updated Feb 2008 I added my most frequently used labels at the top and our family calendar at the very bottom.
updated Jan 2007

I've been building up my blog with all kinds of stuff along the left hand side. I thought maybe there should be a post that explains some of it.

Most of the cartoons, blinkies and other images have "alt text". This means if the image doesn't load, you'll still see something besides that little red x. You can also read the alt text if you place your mouse over the picture. Some of the icons are linked to websites, but some aren't.

Today's Mood will tell you how I'm feeling. I always loved those little magnets folks would stick in their work cubes that listed all the moods and they'd put a ring around which one applied that day. Here it is in the electronic version. Get your own mood badge at Punkymoods.

Twitter Updates is a direct feed from my Twitter account. As much as I love Punkymoods, I don't change that thing more than a couple of times per week. Twitter lets me update what I'm doing or how I'm feeling every other minute if I want to. There is supposedly a way to send updates from your mobile phone, but I've yet to figure that out.

Pook's Pics showcases some of my favorite photos over the last few years (since I got a digicam). Make your own slideshow at Photobucket.

The links under Get to Know Me give you more info on me and my family. I'll link this post back there too. The last bullet pulls up all of the posts with the label "About Pook".

LinkedIn is a business networking site. I don't have a facebook or myspace page, but I have over 100,000 connections on LinkedIn network. So there.

I used to have a section called Signs from God that let you build your own church sign. I think my last one said "If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms." This latest addition is an image that shows those billboards with messages from God. For more info, see GodSpeaks.com.

The Terror Alert Level shows info from the Department of Homeland Security, Muppet style. You know Grover is my favorite muppet, but this guy uses Cookie Monster for blue. Eh, I'll forgive him, because I think his design is hilarious.

My current avatar from Yahoo! is displayed as Toon Tonya. Okay, she is a little skinnier than me, but I can't believe they had all the little nuances that are me: headband, gray suit, pumps, and coffee. That looks just like my office too (ok, when I'm not at home working in my jammies).

Other blogs I read are listed under Web Friends. There's also a link to a blog that asks random questions to give you something to write about, or, if you are a scrapper, something to scrap about. If you visit one of my friends, leave them a comment. We bloggers LOVE comments.

Believe it or not, there is some good on the internet. Causes lists some places that let you help others by donating food or services, or just people who are doing good things, including Aunt Linda's Poodle Rescue.

Fun Stuff is just that. These are web pages I visit for various reasons. You can get free samples at Start Sampling (for real, and no email spam, I promise!). The smiley place is lots of fun ... and he has instructions for building your own animated smilies. And the Silver Jewelry Club has free jewelry (you pay S&H).

I hope that the Helpful Stuff will help you find answers to your questions. Keep up with the latest news from America's Most Wanted, or ask & answer questions at Yahoo! Answers. All of my favorite scrapping sites are listed under Scrap Stuff. At the bottom are links to Previous Posts and my Archives, by month.

The web hit counter at the very bottom was a free one, because it includes that little ad for Weight Watchers. Now, why would they give me THAT sponsor vs. Ben & Jerry's?

And last is our family calendar from Google. This is a great way to let folks know your schedule, days off, etc.

If you'd like me to link back to you, or you have a favorite website that would be fun or helpful to others, just let me know! And leave a comment! I love comments!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to see your face Tonya :) Great to get an explanation on the little links and stuff... LOVE THAT BEAR :)

10/08/2006 8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info-- I liked looking at your links :)

10/08/2006 10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

either you aren't very busy sometimes or you are addicted to the computer...just kidding, you do a great job of keeping this up and I love you!!!

10/09/2006 4:16 PM  
Blogger La- said...

HEY! There you are!! I miss you! Glad I can keep track of you here...

from your old SNS and current MC buddy!! LOL and hey.. I have a blog now too.. be afraid be very afraid!!! Cause yours is sooo cool I wanna be like you when I grow up!!

10/31/2006 10:10 PM  
Blogger La- said...

PS I'll link you if you link me!! LOL

10/31/2006 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home