TOP LABELS

Aly, Zak, family, faith, musings, photos, scrap, travel, rants

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Real Wisconsin Cheese

So I'm in Madison, Wisconsin and everyone tells me "eat cheese". Wisconsin is famous for cheese, and some chat pals from Wisconsin tell me to eat "curds" too. Whatever that is. I asked about them when I got here and folks were in agreement. Squeaky curds are the best. I'll let you know how that turns out.

Madison is not a bustling city, though I would like to say that the University of Wisconsin campus is lovely. I miss campus life.

The VA folks recommended the Best Western Inn Towner because it is within walking distance to the Medical Center. I visited Madison before and stayed at a fabulous Hilton Garden Inn on the other side of town. But close is good, and we've stayed at Best Westerns before as a family .. love them in Gatlinburg .. so I gave it a shot.

Um, hello luxury! This BW has a concierge level! I've got a bathrobe, refrigerator and turn down service. Free breakfast, plus evening cocktails and snacks. I don't want to leave the hotel to go to work!

Back to cheese -- our evening snacks always include a variety of cheeses and they are yummy. Still haven't run into any curds, but I have to take a co-worker to the airport later, so I'll stop at a convenience store and see what I can find. I am also aware (thank to my chat pals) of a local scrapbook store near the airport. I've got some suitcase space, so I'm going to make a visit.

I am posting on the QT from my meeting, so I better get back. Watch for the cheese (and scrap) update!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmmm...squeaky curds - i'm tellin ya, they are to die for, LOL!

10/05/2006 8:53 PM  
Blogger Tonya said...

well, i decided not to try to find the scrap store, since I am directionally challenged, BUT i couldn't resist the promise of curds and found some at a nearby restaurant. all i can say is
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

10/05/2006 9:08 PM  
Blogger Tonya said...

here is the restaurant
http://www.bluemoonbar.com/bluehome.html

10/05/2006 9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah tonya!!! glad you found some curds....they are the best huh?

10/05/2006 9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Booooooooooooogs, I miss you!! Can you come home now?

10/06/2006 10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great time in WI!
Next time let me know you are coming and maybe we could get together :)

10/08/2006 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home