TOP LABELS

Aly, Zak, family, faith, musings, photos, scrap, travel, rants

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Wild Weekend

The bridal shower was a success. Lots of family, so you know it wasn't quiet. Aly helped with all the games, and the make-your-own sundaes were yummy.
We had brownies, chocolate chip cookies, banana, ice cream (chocolate and vanilla), chocolate syrup, hot fudge & caramel sauce, cool whip, nuts, chocolate chips and sprinkles.
The games were a hit. First, everyone was assigned the name of a dish, taped to their back, and they all had to figure out what dish they were. I was spaghetti and meatballs. Then we had to find a partner that had an ingredient in common. Chris was tuna casserole. I've never seen someone so excited over banana bread and snickerdoodles.
Next we passed around bags of 'white stuff' and guessed what they were. You'd be surprised how much flour, sweet n low, cream of tartar, etc., look when you don't have a label to read.
Most everyone brought a recipe, and I also had them write down a kitchen disaster that Jamie could file away. It was hard to choose just one of mine, but I'm glad to see that everyone there had also had a little trouble in the kitchen.
Jamie was buried in presents and got lots of stuff she really needed. It was a great fun, and once everyone left, Pam, Jamie, mom and I stayed up chatting till after midnight. It was a Phillips girls slumber party.

I had a migraine Saturday morning, but we finally made it to the family reunion. Trina and Mandy had things planned well. We did a scavenger hunt (Aly and I finished second to Pam and Jamie), water balloon toss (my team won), three legged race (winning team: Aly, Zak, Jamie and me), sack races (my team was second), tug-o-war (I was dead by then) and volleyball. The kids went swimming in the lake too. No wonder I was sore this morning.

I need a weekend to recover from the weekend!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!!! No wonder you had a headache, lol...I cannot believe you have pics up already...you are good!

Sorry I wasn't there with you, but in a way that was probably good for you. I am glad you had such a great time and am glad Friday went so well for Jamie.

Luv luv, and thanks to you for posting! I love reading about my Pook!!!

me

8/28/2006 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home