TOP LABELS

Aly, Zak, family, faith, musings, photos, scrap, travel, rants

Friday, August 11, 2006

Airport Security

Blogging realtime from the Orlando airport. I'm surprised by the number of airports that now have free wireless internet. Very nice, especially if you arrive at the airport WAAAAY in advance of your flight.

Because of the recent news, the Dept of Homeland Security has raised the threat level on US Domestic Flights to Ernie, er, Orange. Don't ya love the terror alert level icon on my home page though? Anyway, this means that the TSA, Transportation Security Administration, has implemented additional security measures. No liquids or gels of any kind are permitted to be carried on board. This meant I either had to check my bag or toss my hairspray, hair gel, toothpaste, lotion, shampoo, conditioner, and suntan lotion. Being a cheapskate, I checked the bag. This was also useful since I arrived at the airport approximately four and a half hours before my flight. No bag to drag around.

My comment here, and what I'm hearing from most of my fellow travelers, is "better safe than sorry". Of course, some people are never happy. Already I've heard arguments over mascara and lip gloss, as well as someone who wanted to bring a Pepsi he'd purchased near the gate onto the plane. Believe me, making a scene with TSA is not a good idea today.

My travels take me through Memphis today before I get home a little after 9:00 pm. If we stay on time. I hear some places are doing a gate check of bags. That could slow things down, but its all worth it. I'll be home safe with my family.

Till Monday :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I DO indeed love the terror threat indicator, lol...but I love you more ... have a safe trip to DC and we will be waiting for you when you get home Wed. evening...I love you MOST...me

8/13/2006 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home