TOP LABELS

Aly, Zak, family, faith, musings, photos, scrap, travel, rants

Saturday, September 09, 2006

The Album has Landed!

Nov 2008, ETA actual photos of the album.


After YEARS of scrapping, I have finally completed the gift album for Nana and Pawpaw. I started this album over two years ago as a Christmas present for Mom and Dad. I gave them a partial album (and took it back) that Christmas. I had the best intentions to have it completed by Mother's Day, our move date in July and Mom's birthday in August. The next Christmas came and went. Finally, today, it is done.
Well, mostly.

I bought a 12x12 album from QVC, and it has voice-recordable pages. I thought that it would be cool to have not just pictures of the kids, but the sound of their voices. I created 46 pages in this book, two for each letter of the alphabet (ok, not for Q or V-W-X-Y). For each layout, I tried to scrap a person and a place. I also used a technique that started with the letter. So for A we have Aly, the Aquarium and Acrylic Paint and Acrylic Stamps. Okay, so that is rather involved. No wonder it has taken me forever.

Anyway, the part that isn't done is the recording of the kids' voices. I also will be taking digi pics of each page. If I had a scanner, I would do a hi-res scan of each page. I am really proud of this thing.

So, the album is done and I'm on to the next project. I went digging through pictures to see where I left off --March 2003. But then I thought of doing an album for Isaiah. I only have about 60 pictures of him, and they are in a 'brag book' type album. I bought an album kit from QVC (hmmm, sounds familiar) that should make it easy to scrap these pics. The album is similar to this one except it is 12x12 and came with paper, stickers, letters, tags, die cuts and more. I already have two pages done and the third laid out. Much faster than before. :)

I'll post pics as soon as I take some. I'm going to have to take a trip to Boonville soon to make the album presentation.

Edited to add that I delivered the album to mom on the eve of Jamie's wedding.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should be proud! You worked your butt off on that, and I hope it is appreciated and treasured as it should be. The finished product is not only beautiful, it was done with love for your family and for your passion of scrapbooking...you should be proud, and I am proud of you!!! luv luv

9/10/2006 10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home