TOP LABELS

Aly, Zak, family, faith, musings, photos, scrap, travel, rants

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Yet another website

I already do not do a very good job of blogging here every day, and, by the way, I really like blogger.com and the way you can customize it. Plus, I have all of my scrapping friends over at Memory Creators that will miss me if I don't post there. And now, I've joined SparkPeople, a diet and exercise site. This site is sooo easy to use. You can track what you eat, how much you exercise, plus other goals. As soon as I eat, I want to run to the computer to see how I'm doing. They have a message board and blogs. And each member gets a SparkPage.

I started on Tuesday night and committed to 20 minutes of exercise four times per week. My calorie intake is 1200-1550 calories per day. I've done two 20 minute walks, and stayed within my goal range the past two days. I'm excited about losing some weight and being healthy. I've even posted some pics on that site (sharing one here) of the 'current' me to motivate the 'new' me. This is me in Jamie's wedding in September. The new me has to wear an already purchased and too-small bridesmaid's dress in Pam's wedding in July. Now, I just have to schedule time to regularly publish my progress on the web. Well, exercise and a healthy diet are supposed to make you feel more energetic. I guess we'll test that theory.

In other news, I have been busy with work. I drove to Tyson's on Wednesday (oy! the commute kills me! I gotta get over my fear of the beltway!) and rode the train downtown today. Tomorrow is an 'all hands' meeting back at Tyson's but we're meeting in the mall's movie theater. After work, we have a private screening of The Pursuit of Happyness, with our families invited. It is rated PG-13 for language, so the kids won't be joining us ... I am not sure they'd be interested anyway. Plus, I do not have any children who are thirteen years old*. I think Mike is going to drive over (we'll see how he handles the beltway) and we'll have a Firm-sponsored date. Hey, I'll take what I can get.

No firm plans for the weekend yet. The little free daily newspaper you get on the Metro had articles and advertisements for a ton of stuff going on in downtown DC, so we're definitely going to do something. There's a Georgetown basketball game and a Capitals hockey game on Mike's radar. I'm sure we'll do dinner out for Zak's birthday too. Ah, that is something else happening downtown. DC Restaurant week begins Monday. Fancy restaurants at cheap prices. We're definitely checking that out. And I'll make every effort to blog all about it.




*Zakary turns 13 on Sunday. At that time (should I actually allow him to turn 13), he will no longer be able to tell people that his mom is "29 years old and still looking good". These Virginians are too savvy to believe in an Indiana pastor and his teenage bride. At least I'll get to hear folks say, "Wow, you look too young to have a teenager!"**




**If you should happen to see me Sunday (or any day of my life for the next seven years), please tell me I look too young to have a teenager.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't think of it as dieting - think of it as making yourself healthy. You can do it! And you'll be glad you did.

Perri

1/05/2007 12:10 AM  
Blogger Yvette Pupo-Heredia said...

You can do it! You can do it!
Look great in that photo :)

1/05/2007 11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love being married to a good looking, young woman like my Pook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you DO look young and GREAT

1/07/2007 11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home