TOP LABELS

Aly, Zak, family, faith, musings, photos, scrap, travel, rants

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

More boxes opened

Well, I finished Aly's room as far as I can take it. She has a few piles/bags to go through, but overall, her room is done. Actually, it was done yesterday.

Today we tackled my office. Mike put together my new desk that we got at Staples weeks ago. It is an L-shape with lots of room to work and scrap. We didn't install the shelf on top, but I reserved the right to add it back in later. And he only installed one thing backwards - the keyboard tray. Thanks Honey!

Next, Aly and I put my Target cubes back together. I previously had these arranged as a single tall tower with the extra panels inserted as shelves. Since I scraplifted a faboo idea from a friend at Memory Creators and moved my paper to priority mail shipping boxes, I can now configure them as actual cube shelves. The configuration looks a little like this, except it is three cubes high on the right. I didn't put bottoms on the lower cubes, or backs on the higher cubes, so I had enough panels to build an extra cube plus some shelves.
With the desk and shelves in place, it was time to open the boxes. Mike had moved most of the boxes out of the office to put the desk together, so it was easy to grab a box, bring it in the office and empty it. I also put the big bookshelf together and loaded it up with my audiobooks and other books.
I thought I would need to buy more storage cubes or something, but it looks like this arrangement will hold it all. I still have a few boxes to go. I need to reorganize the tools in the cubes. And hang my message boards and posters on the wall. THEN, you can see actual pictures.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home