TOP LABELS

Aly, Zak, family, faith, musings, photos, scrap, travel, rants

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Traffic Woes

I knew traffic would be bad in Northern Virginia.
We specifically looked for a place to live that was near the Metro train lines.
We wanted to be in proximity to my PwC office too, even though I wouldn't go in every day. It is about 15 miles away.
On Tuesday, I went to the office.
It took me 95 minutes to get there.

Now, granted, I did change course halfway there (I-495N was not moving. Four lanes of traffic. Not. Moving.)
I did have a panic attack. (Remember how there are no fast food restaurants. And no combination convenience store/gas stations? This translates to no public restrooms.)
And, I did have to stop at a convenience store to calm down and get new directions from Mike over the phone. (Many thanks to the 7-11 clerk who let the lost, panic-stricken lady from Indiana use the employees-only restroom. And, of course, to the ever-patient husband and his lightning fast internet skills.)
I spent at least 15 minutes lost in the parking garage too. (I can't even add a comment to this one. Lost. In the parking garage.)

But, now I know what will get me out of bed at 5:30 am. If I leave before 6:30, I'll miss the traffic.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya babe... dropping by to wish you and your family a very happy christmas in your new home, and I sincerey hope that santa brings you everything you wished for :)

12/24/2006 11:24 AM  
Blogger Perri said...

This sounds like quite a different life than in the Boons --

Enjoy your first Christmas away from "home." The schools sound awesome!

12/24/2006 8:23 PM  
Blogger Yvette Pupo-Heredia said...

What an adventure!! Glad you made it home nice and safe.

Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!!

12/25/2006 1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home