TOP LABELS

Aly, Zak, family, faith, musings, photos, scrap, travel, rants

Saturday, December 30, 2006

A Scrappy Kind of Day

Even though there are only a few days left of vacation, I am totally relaxing. Mike and Zak went on a road trip today and Aly and I have been scrapping all day. It was a 'slippers only' day, which means when we went to McDonald's for lunch (the ONLY drive thru close to our house), we both wore slippers. We've also been using our new Magic Bullet to make shakes and smoothies. Tonight I tried a frozen coffee (mocha frappuccino) and it tasted JUST like Starbucks, only it was about five bucks cheaper. This is probably why I'm still awake. Ha!
I did finish putting the office together today. All of my scrapping supplies are put away in the wire cubes. I even emptied the boxes of pictures from December 1993 to present and put them in chronological order in official storage boxes. All of my paper is on the bottom row of the shelves in color-coded boxes. I stole the idea to use USPS priority mail boxes as 'magazine racks' from Ginger.
The desk is put together and holds office stuff (like my laptop and planner) plus scrapping stuff (like all my stickers). My magnet boards are up and pictures are all around for inspiration. I put up a little shelf for some of my Garfield stuff too.
I'm using the shelves on the new entertainment center to store more of those pictures (in boxes on the right) and my empty albums and scrap kits (on the left). There's no cable in here, but Mike hooked up an antenna so I get the local channels. Unfortunately, tonight's COPS on FOX was pre-empted by a football game. Ugh.
My big bookcase has my CD player & music, plus all my books (mysteries mostly), some knickknacks (bumblebees and Garfield) and one whole shelf of scrap magazines and puzzle books. I only need to hang my new framed poster of The Princess Bride, and I'm all done! I love my new office!

After all that hard work, scrapping was such fun! Here's a snapshot of the scrapbook page (layout) I did as a challenge for the cyber crop at Memory Creators today. The challenge was to use a sketch to design your layout. The picture is Aly and Caleb playing at Aunt Darlene's house in March of 2003 and the layout is titled "Cousins". I'll be working on a 'friends and family' album now that I've finished the ABC book and Isaiah's album.
I used this sketch from Becky Fleck to create the page. I didn't have a large enough picture, so I matted the one I had. I'm pleased with how this turned out, and amazed by how easy it was to pull together by following the sketch. I've bookmarked the page, and you should too, if you are a scrapper. I hope to do more scrapping tomorrow before the boys get home.

Tomorrow afternoon Aly and I will be making the hors d'oeuvres for our New Year's party. Another test of the Magic Bullet, the microwave circuit breaker and my cooking skills. Wish us luck!!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the office looks great, and you only spent 1/8 of the budget on it...great work honey! if you need more shelving you HAVE to let me know...luv luv

1/07/2007 11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home