TOP LABELS

Aly, Zak, family, faith, musings, photos, scrap, travel, rants

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Weekend Update

I wish I knew how to add music files. I'm imagining that deeet-deeet-deeeet the Muppets play for their newsflashes.

No, this isn't really a newsflash, just an update on life.

Saturday was a fun family day. We found our local AC Moore and did some craft shopping. Hit the local Dollar Tree (the biggest I've ever seen) and found our way to the Fair Oaks Mall in Fairfax. This is a high-end place, like Tyson's, but they have a great Japanese buffet, Todai. I checked out the menu and they list hundreds of things, which I assumed were offered on a rotating basis. It seems not. Hot food, salads, sushi and a dessert bar held hundreds of choices. Lunch ran about $20/person after the tip but was completely worth it. In fact, when Mike and I went to Michael's today (ahem, once the scrap-shop bug bites, you have to work it out of your system), we couldn't decide where to grab a bite to eat. After the satisfying flavor explosion that was yesterday, I couldn't waste the calories on something that didn't sound as good. So we came home for turkeyburgers.
I had no idea how to count calories yesterday, and I was certain that this morning's weigh in would be unpleasant. Not! I'm back to 188* and I've lost a total of four inches from my waist. Still can't get in those skinny jeans, but I'll bet that bridesmaids dress is pretty close to fitting. I'm not ready to try it just yet :)

I really wanted to get some scrapping done this weekend, but I haven't. I did find hundreds more pictures that need sorting, as well as 3 old magnetic albums I need to tear apart. All excuses, I know. I have loved looking through the old pics though. Maybe I'll jump back into my teen years and do some retro pages. Okay, not THAT retro!


*I can't figure out how to update that ticker. I was back up to 190 for most of this week and it won't save my changes. I may have to convert to something more technologically friendly because I can't stay at 188 forever.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger scrapperjen said...

Sounds like a busy weekend! Have a good week.

1/14/2007 3:38 PM  
Blogger ~Holly~ said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!!

You are doing great Tonya, motivating me!! I'm going to pick a date and start on my treadmill!

1/14/2007 10:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

the muppet theme tune. love that... would be great here Tonya... glad your w/e is fun

1/15/2007 3:18 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Exploring new surroundings sounds like fun.

1/15/2007 3:10 PM  
Blogger La- said...

Awesome on your diet!! Good job!! Sounds like a great Japanese place...

La-

1/17/2007 7:03 PM  
Blogger Yvette Pupo-Heredia said...

Wow! you are doing great on your diet! Congrats!

1/20/2007 11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home