TOP LABELS

Aly, Zak, family, faith, musings, photos, scrap, travel, rants

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Never a Dull Moment

First, let me say, she's okay. Second, the queasy should not proceed. Blood is mentioned.

Aly was playing ball last night on the big bed with her brother while Mom and Dad had a relatively quiet dinner of lunchmeat & tuna sandwiches in the basement. She fell backwards off the bed and hit the back of her head on the corner of the window sill. The pointy part that sticks out.

The kids thought they could handle it quietly until a wad of TP they pressed to the back of her skull came away full of blood. By the time they came downstairs to confess the injury, her hair was matted and blood was trickling down her neck. Sandwhiches flew as I went into what Mike calls "Mommy mode". I was barking orders for wet washcloths, ice packs and a flashlight. Aly was whisked back upstairs onto the bed while I carefully probed her hair. Given the amount of blood, I was afraid I'd be picking gray matter out too. I mentioned she might have to go see the doctor, which resulted in more wailing than the injury itself.

Finally, I found the wound. The child has as much hair as I do. Such a teeny hole for such a lot of blood. Half an hour later, she was fine. She slept in the big bed with Momma, just in case. I think I woke up seventeen times to be sure she was still breathing.

But no nap for me today. Mike took Zak to the movies (probably something gory), and then Mike is going to umpire a baseball game. Aly is having company. Ally is her best friend from school, and she is coming in just a few minutes for a play date. They are both very excited.

It'll be a busy work week, so no promises that I'll update again before we all collapse into next weekend. Thanks for visiting us!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG... Mummy Mode - I know that well. I love your writing style - you should write a book - I know it's serious stuff, but you have me giggling at barking orders and stuff LOL - glad all is now well :)

3/19/2007 5:56 PM  
Blogger Yvette Pupo-Heredia said...

Glad Aly is alright. I know that Mommy mode...lol!

3/20/2007 6:51 PM  
Blogger ~Holly~ said...

OWIE!! Glad she is okay!

3/20/2007 10:50 PM  
Blogger Latharia said...

How scary! Glad she's okay! :)

Congrats on the weight loss -- best wishes for the remaining amount!

3/21/2007 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home