TOP LABELS

Aly, Zak, family, faith, musings, photos, scrap, travel, rants

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Bad Blogger

I know it's been a while and I know its also commonplace to see that title "Bad Blogger" on blogs across the www. I try not to post just to say I haven't posted, but I also like to go back and post what happened on a particular day on that actual day.

So what's happening today? It's Saturday and the kids are doing their Saturday chores. The daily after school chores are nothing really. Zak empties the dishwasher. Both of them clean their rooms and walk the dogs. But the Saturday stuff is big-time. They sweep, they swiffer, they dust and clean the bathrooms. It is really a huge help to Mike and me. And they've gotta earn that allowance somehow. :)

Mike went this morning to take the Virginia state teacher test. Not the congratulations-you-are-a-teacher one, but the one that says, yes, you can speak English and are not likely to be psychotic. After that, he has a coaching class.

I've decided that given the freezing tempatures outside, our streak of Saturday tennis games is definitely broken. We went from 75 degrees Wednesday and Thursday to snow last night. We'll be back to the 50s on Monday and into the 60s after the first day of spring. I only hope it sticks around for Nana and Pawpaw's visit in a couple of weeks. So, for today, it is indoor activities. I'm DVRing Young Frankenstein, a hilarious movie from the same genre as my favorite The Princess Bride, although the latter is family-friendly and I'm finding the former to be not so much.

I might try catching up on some work today. It seems I can never keep up with all the tasks that come my way. I've got a great new co-worker who has been helping a lot, but there are still many things that only I can do. I need a better way to track my to-do items. I have tried writing in my day planner, making a paper list, writing on note cards and using the 'to do' function in my online calendar. Seems like I still forget things.

Next week will be busy for me, traveling to Baltimore for a conference on Wednesday and Thursday. I'm in the office Monday and Friday. I better get it together if I'm going make it though next week.

Have a great weekend, and upcoming week.

PS, I got a clean bill of health from the doctor on Friday. No worries!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger La- said...

Hey woman! I have been so busy too.. I am keeping a project list.. but it still seems like all the little things get in the way and the big things start to get lost... LOL Have a lovely day- enjoy hanging out inside in the warm house. YOu will get outside soon!

La-

3/17/2007 9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home