TOP LABELS

Aly, Zak, family, faith, musings, photos, scrap, travel, rants

Saturday, February 17, 2007

I got my mojo back

I went into my home office earlier this week to toss something on the desk.... Well, first I should tell you that I've been working for the past two weeks on my laptop from the waterbed. Ahh, the life of a consultant. So, I popped into my office to toss something on the desk and saw all my scrap supplies just looking unused and alone.

Now, I've been visiting my fave scrappin chatboard nearly every day for months but I just haven't felt like scrapping. In fact, I hadn't worked on any project, besides Aly's valentines, since New Year's Eve. I keep saying I've lost my mojo. So, (maybe I'll get to the point this time), I tossed whatever-it-was on the desk, saw my scrap stuff and thought "I barely have the mojo to shower and change my underwear". True. Even though I had the epiphany last weekend, and confessed my grumpiness to the www, I was still living in my jammies in my waterbed.

But last night, Jen posted some scrapping challenges and it got me moving. It got me out of the waterbed and I changed out of jammies (weeeell, ok, into a tshirt and lounge pants). I went back into the office. I turned on the light. Aly's face lit up and in she came. We've been scrapping like mad ever since. We've completed two of the challenges, plus Aly did her own layout, and here's the ultimate project, completed just in time for me to give to Nana when I see her this weekend.

This used to be one of those "junk mail" wooden boxes AOL sent those darn CDs in. I've had it for a while and knew I wanted to do something fun with it. If you want to know all the supplies I used, you can view the list in my MC gallery, but yes, that does say "My Babies" on the spine, and it will stand up on its own like a double picture frame. The DVD contains home videos of Christmas morning, a walkthrough of our new house and the kids sledding this week. It was a fun project and I think it'll be well received. :)

So, even after all that activity, I'm still feeling good. Mike and Zak went on another road trip this morning, so Aly and I are running the household. Don't worry, Mike brought us back 10 McDonald's double cheeseburgers this morning before he left. Besides scrapping, I also gave Aly a pedicure, and she wrote a letter to a friend back in Greenwood.

I see another fun day in our future tomorrow -- just the girls.
I missed this mojo.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger La- said...

YEAH!! I am sooo glad that you had some mojo and you and the Alster got to scrap! That project is sooo cute...

GO GIRLIES!

La-

2/18/2007 9:55 PM  
Blogger ~Holly~ said...

WHOOOHOOO!! Glad you got your mojo back Tonya!!

I LOVE that altered cd holder-- I'm going to have to try that!

2/19/2007 1:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bet you feel great now the mojo is back! Love the project:)

2/19/2007 3:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad it came back - mind you don't stab the waterbed with your craft knife! :) xx

2/19/2007 3:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home