TOP LABELS

Aly, Zak, family, faith, musings, photos, scrap, travel, rants

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Tennis anyone?

The weather today was beautiful and I could not resist doing something outside. The kids were in the mood to go downtown to a museum, but an hour's drive/train ride/walk to see photos of elephants was not my idea of fun. We decided to play tennis instead.
This means we had to find the tennis rackets. I just knew they were in a box in the basement, but the kids couldn't find them. I climbed through the closet and into the crawlspace under the stairs, but no rackets. They were in the garage.
We weren't sure where to find tennis courts either, so we decided to play in the street. The kids are actually pretty good. They must have inherited from me. I forgot how much fun it is to play tennis. I think it is fun because I'm actually good at it. Even in my battered and bruised condition, I was moving pretty good. Definitely not like high school, or even college, when Mike and I used to play. Once we snuck into the country club he worked at, after hours, to play on the courts and swim in the pool. Hmmm, that's a whole nother post.
DIGRESSION: that is not good English. "nother" isn't a word. But think about it ... you SAY it that way don't you? You don't say "that another whole post" or "that's a whole other post". You say "nother". My sister the English major made a note of this last weekend. :)
Anyway, we just batted the ball back and forth today -- no serving, no rules -- but I look forward to playing a real game with both of them, and Mike. The neighbors, clearly horrified by the hayseeds playing tennis in the street, advised us where the nearby tennis courts are. We were hoping to hit them tomorrow, but the weather is supposed to turn cool -- 10-15 degrees cooler than today. Well, we've got all spring and summer, I suppose. Maybe this will get me back to exercising. I'm a little embarrassed that my weight ticker hasn't been moving, especially after I posted it here for all the world to see. Myabe tennis will get me into that bridesmaid's dress.
I'm crossing my fingers on that.

So the rest of the night is planned out just because its Saturday. COPS at 8, movie with Mike at 9 (Snakes on a Plane) and sleepytown. :)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger La- said...

SOunds like a fun way to spend the afternoon with the kidlets!

La-

3/04/2007 12:40 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Why is it we are no longer allowed to play in the street? I know there are cars, but most residential neighborhood streets aren't that busy. Neighbors sure try to mess up fun :)

3/04/2007 5:12 PM  
Blogger Yvette Pupo-Heredia said...

What fun! Sounds like you had a great day with the kids.

3/04/2007 6:38 PM  
Blogger ~Holly~ said...

How fun!!

I always wanted to be good at Tennis but I never was!!

Glad you had a fun day :)

3/04/2007 11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DVD's sound good - but Snakes on a Plane........ gave me the shivers LOL

3/05/2007 4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home