TOP LABELS

Aly, Zak, family, faith, musings, photos, scrap, travel, rants

Saturday, March 24, 2007

March Madness!

Yes, I am going to write about sports. If you know me at all, you know this is most unusual. I have a unique perspective on sports. I see it as something that clutters Mike's mind so he doesn't remember when I'm going into the office early, or when I want to spend the weekend chatting online and scrapping. In fact, I once blew tickets to a Monday Night Football game in Indianapolis. The PwC partner asked if I liked football, because he was taking some folks to the MNF game. I answered honestly, nope. When I got home, Mike nearly had a stroke. That's when I realized that if I had said yes, I'd be at the game. Ooops.
I watch sports on TV sometimes. I really like PTI because Tony and Wilbon talk about more than just sports. In fact, I take that approach when I watch a game. I comment on who needs to lose weight, which uniforms are more coordinated, and aren't they going to show Dan Marino.
Every year, Mike and I fill out the NCAA basketball brackets. For two years in a row, I beat him. This drives him crazy since my logic includes which mascot is more fierce and who has prettier uniforms. Last year I didn't play, but this year, I'm all filled out. My current score: round 1=26/32. Mistakes? Picking Duke because Perri is a fan; picking Gonzaga because they have a funny name; picking Tx Tech because I forgot Bobby Knight is there now. Round 2=10/16. Mistakes? Picking Maryland, VA Tech and Virginia because that's where I live now. Round 3=4/8. I actually got all of my picks right for those who had made it through to this round.
So, how's Mike doing? I'm not sure. I was ahead in the first two rounds, but darned if the man didn't meet me at the door when I got home from Baltimore on Thursday and announce that he was going to the third round games in St. Louis. Yes, it is a 13.5 hour drive, but he did it. You are probably thinking "how cool for him", or maybe even "what a dork, that is a long drive". But I am thinking ... This has put me in charge of the family for the weekend.
Friday wasn't bad, considering I got very little sleep at my conference in Baltimore and had a very early morning meeting in the office. I zombied my way through getting the girl from school and taking Zak to his first volleyball game. We picked up McDonald's, then I crashed. I slept a lot this morning because of a splitting headache. Up and running for a while now though. We've done our chores and had some fun. Zak went to visit a friend, they've both cleaned their rooms and I shampooed some carpet. Aly's scrapping some challenges from the MC Cyber Crop. I'm prepping for a night of COPS and then maybe a movie for all of us in the family room.
We've got nothing on the agenda tomorrow, but I'll likely catch up on some work. Next week is Spring Break and we cannot WAIT for Nana and Pawpaw to get here!! I'm taking the whole week off, so I need to really get things prepped this week so the VA doesn't grind to a halt in my absence. Hee hee.
Mike will be back Monday, but I'll have to get Aly to school, so I'm working from home. I haven't done that in a while but I've cleaned the office up a bit (how do we STILL have boxes everywhere?!) so I might be less inclined to nap vs. working from the waterbed.
Time to figure out dinner. Sigh. Are chips and dip a balanced meal? I miss ma honey.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

morning :) I like to watch rather than participate in sports - a great international football game ! LOL

3/26/2007 5:21 AM  
Blogger ~Holly~ said...

Busy weekend!!

My DH got me to play fantasy football-- I picked my own team and everything and I beat all the guys on the team 2 years in a row and the 3rd year I came in 2nd place....Then I retired, I figured they had enough of me!!

I LOVE winning though :D

3/26/2007 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home