TOP LABELS

Aly, Zak, family, faith, musings, photos, scrap, travel, rants

Friday, March 28, 2014

Anxiety

Anxiety doesn't need a reason. 
We encourage people to think of anxiety and depression like other diseases, such as high blood pressure, but it's not as easy to tie these conditions back to a cause. Sometimes, they just happen. I suppose like you can be genetically predisposed to diabetes. Or someone with no symptoms or health issues dies peacefully in their sleep. 
I'm hanging at home, one if my favorite tv shows on. Kids and family safe and sound. Finished with work by 1pm today. Starting a fun new job in the same company. No stress. 
But last night before bed and right now, I have sharp chest pains, pressure, and a feeling of being trapped. Tension all over. Headache on the verge of a barftastic migraine. 
What is causing this? I don't know. 
What will make it go away? No idea.
What stinks is that sometimes this condition paralyzes me from normal interactions. I can't visit my mom or drive to a kid's birthday party. And how do you explain to someone that you are missing an event because your body won't let you leave the house?
I don't know. 
I don't think you do either, but in the throes of this stupid attack, I just wanted someone to hear me and maybe understand. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home