TOP LABELS

Aly, Zak, family, faith, musings, photos, scrap, travel, rants

Saturday, December 08, 2012

Headed to an OK place

Some of you know my work on my current project has been winding down and I've been looking for another project. I've made so many calls to folks, I started to feel unloved when none of them were panning out. Then it came, a project with over-utilization, uber-high priority, working with the people impacted by Hurricane Sandy. Unfortunately, it meant I would be deployed for 30 days at a time, with four days home before another 30 days out. Rewarding work, but a little tough on the family.

I shared this with our church family, asking for prayer as Mike went it alone with a house full of animals (three dogs, three cats and a monkey -- Zak moved back home). Two lessons here. (A) if you want to see God laugh, tell him your plans; and (2) never underestimate the praying power of a ladies church group.

On Friday I received a call from my Partner, letting me know someone I had TWICE contacted, begging for work, had just called her (the Partner), asking for help with a couple of projects she needed staffed. "Would you like Tonya?" "Oh em GEE! I can have Tonya?" "Yes" "Yes" Yay. But get this. By the time I called the Director on Monday, and we connected Tuesday, she was screaming with excitement, and relief. The current Manager on a very high-profile project at a multi-hospital system (actually one featured on one of our national calls -- for 30,000 employees) had resigned Monday. She needed me desperately to join the team, spend next week with Matthew, and then lead two of the workstreams. Could I make my travel reservations ASAP?

So, I'll be going to an actual OK place. OK as in Oklahoma. Oklahoma City. I don't have many details now other than the two things I'll manage (and the additional work I will assist with closing down) are EXACTLY what I've been doing the last eight years, so there is no learning curve, no scariness, and only opportunity to show another part of the firm how I'm a rockstar. I'll be traveling every week, but home weekends, and definitely home for the holidays (which wasn't so sure with the Hurricane Sandy thing).

Many thanks to those ladies who prayed for God's will instead of "my plan" and to God be the glory for moving those chess pieces around to put me in the place He wants me to be.

Oh, and since this isn't a government project, all of my expenses go on the AMEX card, no paper reports and we're having a Christmas party with the client on Wednesday night.

Now, I'm off to pack. :)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am VERY proud of you :)

12/08/2012 9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home