TOP LABELS

Aly, Zak, family, faith, musings, photos, scrap, travel, rants

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Jamoween

Jamaica does not celebrate Halloween, but since the resort was mostly visiting Americans, they had a Jamoween celebration with the house band, then another great band that sang awesome 80s slow jams. Which, by the way, was the soundtrack for the entire week on both live music and recorded. Mike wanted to poke his eyes out.

But let's start with the morning. We signed up for the glass bottomed boat ride at 9:00 am. And yes, if I knew the words to "Fat Bottomed Girls," they would have been stuck in my head the whole time. I knew better than to eat breakfast first, so we did that after. Here are a few photos of the trip.
A shot of the resort from the water

Coral
 

 
Some sort of coral that burns like fire if you touch it. So glad I snorkeled *before* I knew about all of the stuff that could hurt me. This trip was a lot of "don't touch that." Hmmm, note to self: Take the glass bottomed boat ride BEFORE you snorkel. Actually, you might feel like you don't even NEED to snorkel after this.
 

Starfish!


After breakfast I settled in on the French beach for some sun ... and had a very attentive server who was bringing me dirty bananas (like a banana milkshake, with rum) two at a time. The beach bistro was out of Jamaican patties (mmmm, like a pot pie you hold in your hand) so I had some jerk chicken and went to find Mike. We decided to have lunch (I considered the jerk chicken an appetizer) and we visited the Soon Come Back desk to see how much a return trip might cost. Later, I captured some of the resort wildlife.
 
A pelican. I swear they look like pterydactyls when they fly.

These guys were all over. Never caught one showing his tail though.


This little guy didn't know he was taking his life into his own hands when he decided to hang out in our room. I did a capture and release while Mike had a panic attack.

Dressed for dinner. We joined the 'frequent flier' type club for Sandals, which meant we get points for our stays and after 70 nights, we get a free week. So, you know, by the time we retire. Anyway the dinner was a formal affair, with lobster tail and a bunch of foods I can't pronounce, but our dinner compantions were worse than the people we rode the bus with. They wouldn't even talk to me. Eh, we talked to the watersports manager and cut out at dessert to head to the show.  I could swear I had photos of the Jamoween celebration they did before the bands, but apparently not. Silly costumes, drums. Some guy impersonating Michael Jackson. A fun night!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home