TOP LABELS

Aly, Zak, family, faith, musings, photos, scrap, travel, rants

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Wednesday's Walk

That was a lot of walking yesterday, and we all felt it this morning. We slept late, which was okay, since the weather turned cool, as predicted. Because we slept late, we didn't get to the Metro until 11:30 or so. I've never been to the Metro station that late, and we learned our lesson. The only available parking spots were those whose neighbors were exceptionally close. We were in the van, so I chose the largest small space available and Dad guided me in. Tomorrow we'll bring Mom's smaller car.

I had never been to the National Zoo, or even that far north in DC, so I had to trust the directions that said that the Woodley Park/Zoo Metro stop would be an uphill walk to the zoo. We exited the Cleveland Park Metro stop and had a brisk walk (I think it was longer than the advertised three blocks) down Connecticut Ave. If you go to the zoo, print your own map as the information booth charges $1 for them. The Zoo itself means a lot of walking, but it was a nice time. We ate lunch at the Mane Restaurant, near the lions and tigers, which were my favorite display. It turns out that both the Asian Elephant (Shanthi) and the Giant Panda (Mei Xiang) were artificially inseminated this week. Maybe our visit will bring them good luck.

Back home again, Zak, Mike, Mom and I watched The Descent. I thought it would be a cheesy horror movie, but it was actually pretty good. Mike and I recently watched The Cave, which is very similar, but I'd say The Descent is better. And, then, we watched Lost, where we saw more backstory on Kate, and her indirect connection to Sawyer before they met on the island. If you've never seen Lost, or you've stopped watching, you can view episodes online at abc.com. We love it.

Tomorrow is yet another walking day, this time to museums. I'm going to need a vacation after this vacation.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger La- said...

Sounds like you are having a nice time! I love the zoo!

La-

4/09/2007 9:05 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

I'm missing you at MC. I know you've been busy.

Sounds like you are enjoying exploring Washington DC :)

4/13/2007 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home