TOP LABELS

Aly, Zak, family, faith, musings, photos, scrap, travel, rants

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Happy Birthday Isaiah

On April 12, 1997, Isaiah Daniel Edwards was born.
I don't remember what time, or how much he weighed. Does that make me a terrible mother? I don't think so. I do remember that for only a few days he was ours. I remember his bright eyes and his little monkey face. I remember his big old feet that would slingshot baby socks across the room. And all that hair! He had hair everywhere.


On April 26, 1997, Isaiah died when we disconnected him from life support. His major organ systems shut down due to a viral infection that settled first in his liver, then in his brain. He's in a better place, but we still miss him. I'm thankful that we had him at home for a few days before he got sick. That we have stacks of pictures (that are now safely scrapped). And that I held him until he finally let go. Happy birthday baby.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Perri said...

Tonya, what a beautiful name your son had. He was very pretty.

I'm sorry for your loss. I can't imagine it.

4/14/2007 10:54 PM  
Blogger ~Holly~ said...

Oh Tonya I didn't know this!!
Much love and hugs to you all :)

4/16/2007 9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know either Tonya - better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all... I'm sure these 'things' happen for a reason - but I can't think of one right now. Thinking of you all bab... hope your week gets better for you :D

4/17/2007 8:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh goodness missy, i am so sorry that you had to survive that (well...i mean, i'm glad you survived, i just meant...well you know!) i love that you scrapped the memories - it's such a hard step to take, you did that beautiful boy justice sistah...

biiiiiiig hugs!
~shawna

4/17/2007 5:56 PM  
Blogger VaQueenBee said...

I found you through Perri's blog and stopped over to check out your blog. I'm so sorry for your loss. He would have been about the same age as my son. It's wonderful that you have those pictures to look back on and remember the special gift God gave you for those few short days.

Stop by my blog sometime...I'm in Central VA.

4/21/2007 10:19 PM  
Blogger Yvette Pupo-Heredia said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending you cyber hugs. I know how hard it is to loss a little one.

4/25/2007 9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home