TOP LABELS

Aly, Zak, family, faith, musings, photos, scrap, travel, rants

Monday, October 29, 2012

Jamaica Day 2: Best. Monday. Ever.

I don't think I even realized it was Monday.

Breakfast was fantastic with a buffet that included fruit, pastries, oatmeal, french toast, pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, made-to-order omelets and a local dish. Oh, and they handed you a mimosa or bloody mary as you walked in the door. When they brought me my own little coffee pot, I decided I would never leave.
But eventually, I was stuffed and headed to the pool to chill before my spa appointment.


I went with the mud massage. I knew I needed to exfoliate, but I wanted a massage too, and this was the perfect combo. The spa was quiet and relaxing, and I didn't want to leave.

But I did and headed to the French beach, were the waves were a little higher, the water was clear and there was a nice breeze. Mike was already there, enjoying a cocktail -- see the servers come down to the beach to bring you a fresh drink. ahhhhh

It started to look a little stormy, so we headed to the room for a little nap before dinner on the beach.

The fresh seafood, soups, salads, etc, were great and the beach setting was beautiful. All of the tables faced the ocean and the moon was nearly full.







After dinner, there were trapeze artists and fire ... people.

 

Then the house band played and there was a conga line, which we joined. We learned a few reggae dance moves. They are exactly like Zumba, by the way. Then it was time for the afterparty in the martini bar. There weren't many folks there, so we sat right up front and sang.... No photos here, but I sang "These Boots are Made for Walking" and "(I Never Promised You) A Rose Garden" and Mike did "Sweet Caroline." Such fun!

Back to the room very late, but another fantastic day, for sure.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home