TOP LABELS

Aly, Zak, family, faith, musings, photos, scrap, travel, rants

Monday, October 15, 2012

First Quarter - Success!

I knew in my heart Aly was in the right place the day I dropped her off at Webb.

Then she came home for a weekend, singing and chatting, and looked me in the eye and said "Webb is where I'm supposed to be."

Then we got her first quarter grades. In addition to joining the GreenFeet (recycling club) and afterschool Art program, my girl got straight A's. Actually, two of them are A-pluses. And not in easy classes either.

 
She was afraid she'd hate Geometry, but it has become one of her highest grades. I knew she'd love the logical thinking. The school put her in the Honors course based on her test scores. Looks like she's in the right place.
Seminar was the speech she had to memorize and say in front of the whole school. She did something from Mother Theresa.  I'm not sure I even just spelled Mother Theresa correctly.

They are reading lots of books in English. She likes to read. No problem.
She loves Mr. L. R. Smith's History class. She's going to get her grade up to a 95 before the end of the year so she can take Honors History next year. She must get that from her father.
No surprises that her highest grade is in Latin. It is in her Phillips blood. Her Latin name is Livia. She chose Livius until the teacher told her that was a male name. Ok, maybe she didn't auto-inherit everything.
Physics is her favorite class, last time I asked, because "it really challenges me, Mom."
And she's done three speeches so far (in addition to Seminar). She really likes her teacher there too.

So in addition to moving 3.5 hours away, getting a roommate, sharing a bathroom, wearing uniforms, and making numerous friends, my girl got straight A's. I can't begin to explain how proud we are, and how blessed we feel, at being able to make this happen for her.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home