TOP LABELS

Aly, Zak, family, faith, musings, photos, scrap, travel, rants

Sunday, July 19, 2015

I Keep Forgetting

Aly is home for the summer, and she's learning to drive. I can't believe my baby is so grown up! Mike took her out several times to the Middle School parking lot, but then he asked me to help since he is attending rehearsals for Shakespeare in the Park (hey, y'all go buy a ticket or something). Anyway, I've taken her out a couple of times and she is pretty good. A little fast on the turns, but Mario Kart doesn't require the use of brakes, so she's adapting.

We've ventured outside of the parking lot into neighborhoods with parked cars on the street and moving cars at stop signs. We've gone south of town in the country so she can work up some speed. Not Mario Kart, but getting there.

Yesterday, we were on the south side of town, and I guided her to the cemetery where I knew there'd be some sharp turns. "We can go visit Isaiah's rock," I said, thinking it might need some weeds pulled. There was a truck going the same way, so I carefully guided her off the one lane road so others could pass. Then I remembered....

Isaiah wasn't the only 'rock' to visit in the cemetery. In the row behind him and Grandma was Mom.
PHILLIPS engraved in the stone. Judy Kaye, August 16, 1950 - May 11, 2014.
I froze. "I forgot," I said to her. "I forgot Nana was here too." She didn't get out. I tried not to cry.

Yeah, I don't know what the big message is for this blog post is.

I just miss my mom.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger mditon.edwards said...

xoxoxo luvluv

7/19/2015 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home